Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Beijing, pre-post

I have a lot to say about our visit to Beijing but I don't have time right now. But just so you have something to see in the meantime, here's a picture from the Forbidden City.




Also, I just saw a movie in our European Film Festival, called "Twin Sisters". It's from the Netherlands (De Tweeling), 2002, directed by Ben Sombogaart. It's moving and thought-provoking. Two sisters are separated at the age of 8 when they are orphaned, and one gets raised in Germany (with its Nazi propaganda) and one gets raised in Holland (with its anti-Nazi propaganda). The sisters see WWII through very different perspectives, and each must learn about the other perspective before they can reconcile. I don't know how easy it is to find it outside of European Film Festivals, but if you find it, I recommend seeing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home