Sunday, November 05, 2006

Voting absentee

I voted.

Yes, I'm in Hong Kong, but it's possible to vote while overseas. I just did a search on the web and found that it's pretty simple, though it does require advance planning.

I filled out the forms for getting an absentee ballot in early October, sent it in, and around October 30th I received the absentee ballot. Maybe I got it earlier, but it had arrived while I was in Beijing.



I took a few days to get around to filling it out, and then I asked the staff at Hong Kong Baptist University how long it normally takes to get mail to the US. They said, "about a week". Oops: one week later would be the day after the election.

Luckily they had a provision for that. You can fax in your ballot. So I did that on Thursday.

It's a bit disconcerting not really knowing if they received your fax or not, but I guess it would be the same way if I mailed it.

By the way, I've been having trouble uploading stuff to Blogger this entire past weekend. I hope this works now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home